Track Meet Guidelines
- 1600 m (5-8)
- 800 m (1-8) *
- 400 m (1-8)
- 100 m (5-8)
- 50 m (K-8) **
- Softball Throw (K-8) **
- Broad Jump (K-4) **
- Long Jump (5-8)
- Shot Put (7-8)
- 4x100m Relay (1-4)
- 4x200m Relay (5-8)
* Note: Grades 1-2 must be prequalified by coach (approx. 4:30 seed time)
** Note: Kindergarten events are non-scoring
Number of Events per Participant
- K-4 (3 events)
- 5-8 (4 events)
- Each athlete may only participate in one age group per event.
Participant Entry Fees
- $10 per participant
- Participant entry fee to be paid to the hosting school on the day of the meet by each participating school
- $3 per adult
- $1 per senior citizen
- $2 per non-participating child
Athletes per Heat/Staging
- There should be no second row of runners in a heat.
- The number of runners in a heat should be limited to 12-14 per heat.
- Coaches should not add runners to heats already staged.
- Each team shall have a coach in the staging area to reserve a place for a runner who is arriving late in the staging area.
- Girls will run separately from boys for all events except for the 1600 m depending upon the number of runners.
- Start and finish lines for the 800 m and 1600 m races will be marked as in high school events.
- Field events will be closed at the meet director's discretion, but no later than the starting of the staging of the relays.
- Long Jump is only open to 5-8 graders. Participants in lower grades may not jump in the 5-6 category.
- There will be NO practices/steps for Long Jump once the meet as started. Long Jump practices/steps must be taking prior to the start of the meet.
- There will be no practices for Broad Jump or Softball Throw.
- Shot Put is for 7-8 grades only.
- A Shot Put Release form is required for all Shot Put participants.
- Shot Put will have 1 practice and 3 attempts.
- For meets without preregistration, each school will provide their own participant labels.
- Standard Avery labels can be used, size no larger and comparable to the Springco #4147 label.
- Labels can be ordered from Springco (800-383-0305 #4147).
- Each sticker must contain the event name, participant's name, boy or girl, and school name.
- There must be one label per participant per event.
- Each school will use the entire school name to avoid any confusion.
- Scotch tape can be used to help adhere the labels.
- Participant labels are to be worn on the participant's back.
- Parent, coaches, or children are not allowed to pace their runners during a race.
- Pacing will result in the disqualification of the runner.
Eligibility of Runners
- Sponsoring schools will determine the eligibility of their participants.
- Participating youngsters must be members of the parish community.
Eligibility of Coaches and Volunteers
- Sponsoring schools will determine the eligibility of their coaches and volunteers.
- All coaches and volunteers must complete the "Protecting God's Children" workshop.
- There will be a coaches meeting 20 minutes prior to the start of each meet.
- All participating schools must have at least one coach attend the meeting.
- NO spikes (metal or plastic) are allowed.
- Any participant wearing spikes will be automatically disqualified
- There will be no use of any photographic or video equipment to aid in deciding the winners of any event.
- There will be no team scoring in the Kindergarten events.
- Team scoring is: 6 points for 1st place, 4 points for 2nd place, 3 points for 3rd place, 2 points for 4th place, and 1 point for 5th place.
- Any ties in an event will be spit equally (i.e., tie for first splits the 1st and 2nd place points awarding each team 5 points each).
- Medals will be awarded for the 5 places in each event.
- Medals will be awarded for the first 6 places in the 50m & 100m dashes. 6th place will receive a bronze medal with no points awarded for the team scoring.
- If there is a question regarding the scoring of an event, the head coach will direct the question to the meet director. Parents and participants are not permitted to question a scored event.
- Trophies will be awarded for the top 5 girls teams and the top 5 boys teams. 1st and 2nd place overall trophies will be awarded.
- Girls can run on a boys' relay team.
- Girls who run with a boys' relay team must run in their age group or higher.
- Boys cannot run on a girls' relay team.
- Only participants waiting for an event and coaches are permitted on the field.
- Parents are not permitted on the field unless they are a coach.
- Participants and coaches may not cross the track during a race.
- The North Bergen Interparochial Track League practices good sportsmanship at every event.
- Please remember that all coaches and meet officials are volunteers.
- Any person displaying unsportsmanlike conduct during the events may be subject to penalty or removal from the event.